While tattoos in general can be daunting, penis tattoos seem to be a sign of a He-Man with an incredible tolerance for pain. However, these occult works of art are growing in popularity as more men accept what a penis tattoo can do for them. There are also more artists willing to tattoo a man’s penis to help show off his unique personality. Let’s take a look at penis tattoos, from the why to the how, pay close attention to the risks and how to care for them afterward.
Why do men tattoo their penis?
There are several reasons why a man might choose to decorate his little friend. Here are some guys shared:
1) Make the moment memorable. If a man’s penis says “Hubba Hubba” or has a picture of a banana on it, it will be hard to forget.
2) Show body confidence. If a man gets a tattoo on his penis, he’s obviously okay with showing his stuff. He says that he is proud of what he has and how he uses it.
3) Gets a reaction. When a man gets naked and his partner sees an elephant tattoo complete with “trunk”, there’s nothing to do but notice. If there’s any ice to break, consider it broken!
4) Aesthetics. If a guy doesn’t love the way his penis curves or feels a little less impressive than other members he’s seen in the locker room, a penis tattoo can beautify his favorite friend. Of course, some men are perfectly happy with their penises and just want to “throw some tinsel up the tree.”
How to get a penis tattoo and what to expect
First of all, find a good tattoo artist with significant experience doing penis tattoos. Do not drink or use drugs before scheduling the appointment and show up with a clean member. Please note that this performer will be touching, holding, twisting, and manipulating the penis for an extended period of time; make sure it’s okay. Most men will need to be “mainly soft” during the tattoo, so if a man is worried about being rough all the time, he may reconsider the tattoo or artist. Ultimately, this is going to hurt like any other tattoo, so be prepared. Some people like to take some over-the-counter pain relievers before getting tattooed.
Potential risks of penile tattoos
It is not fun and fun when a man gets a tattoo on his penis, there are also several risks to pay attention to. Here are some potential results that any man considering a penile tattoo should make sure they are aware of:
1) Permanent Erection. Well well. It sounds fantastic to have a permanent erection, but in real life it is not. Think about Grandma Betty’s 89th birthday party, any man wants to greet the family with an overeager member? No, one wants that.
2) Infection. The best way to prevent infection is to make sure the tattoo artist’s area is sanitary and that they only use 100% sterile needles. Then closely follow any aftercare instructions the artist gives you. Follow them to the letter.
3) Scarring and Loss of Sensitivity. The skin on the penis is thin and very delicate, and as such, makes it very sensitive. By inserting hundreds of miniature needle sticks into the skin, scarring can develop. Scarring can lead to loss of sensation in the penis. If a man already has sensitivity issues, he may want to rethink a penis tattoo.
Caring for a penis tattoo
Tattoos require special care, so make sure you follow the advice of the tattoo artist to the letter! After a few hours, very (very!) wash the penis gently with lukewarm water and a mild cleanser diluted like baby shampoo. Rinse well, then gently pat dry with a soft towel.
After cleansing the skin, apply a thin layer of specially formulated penis health cream (Health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven to be safe and gentle on skin.). Use a cream with an all-natural base like shea butter and vitamin E. Also, try to find a cream that contains additional nutrients and vitamins to promote healing and soothe the skin. This type of cream will prevent it from drying out (which can cause itching) and will keep the skin on the penis supple while it heals.